You're invited to a July 4th Potluck Picnic! God bless America and God bless YOU for getting to bring the dessert. You're trying to be a more mindful eater... although you could bend the rules for this...but why??!! Seriously--have you all tried Black Bean Brownie Coffee Brownies??!! They are REALLY good and so much better for you than their evil sister Sugar Brownies that make you crave and eat the entire pan (been there. done that.)
My only suggestion would be to NOT tell the others what is in them until AFTER they tell you how amazing they are 😂 People get weird and psych themselves out before even taking a bite. Play around with the recipe...I've given you some tips on my experiments but make it yours.
BLACK BEAN COFFEE BROWNIES
1 15 ounces can black beans (rinsed and drained)
½ cup coconut oil, melted
¼ cup strong brewed coffee or 1 shot espresso
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup brown sugar (OR 10-12 Medjool Dates)
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 cup dark chocolate chips (70% + if possible)
OPTIONAL: THESE BAKE UP WITH THE TEXTURE OF FUDGE- FOR A MORE "CAKE LIKE" TEXTURE ADD IN 1/2 CUP ALMOND FLOUR.
I've also added a couple tablespoons of chia seeds and collagen protein powder. You can't taste anything different...just giving you more of the "good stuff" along with the fiber from the black beans!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease a 9×9 brownie pan and line with parchment paper.
2. In a blender or food processor, combine black beans and coconut oil until very smooth.
3. Add coffee, cocoa powder, sugar and eggs and mix to combine.
4. Add apple sauce, salt, baking powder and mix to combine.
5. Fold in half the chocolate chips, pour batter into pan, smooth top. Top batter with remaining chocolate chips.
6. Bake about 20-30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle of the pan comes out clean
* WE PREFERRED KEEPING OURS IN THE REFRIGERATOR AFTER BAKING/COOLING